What causes feeling lump in throat and cough?

ENT Specialist
Question
Hi I am 58 female I have a lump feeling in my throat and tickle in my throat which cause a bit of cough when I have food I also cough my history is that I have gastric reflux now and then no meds a bit stressed at moment
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in GERD

Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
GERD lead to throat complain.

Detailed Answer:
As per your clinical history it appears that you are having gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) which aggravates during stress leading to lump feeling & bit of cough.
I would advice you life style modification , timely food & sleep , avoid spicy ,fast food , alcohol & take food 3 hour before sleep. I would also advice you to use proton pump inhibitor once daily & antiseptic mouthwash.
You can discuss this with your treating Doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Thanks.