What causes feeling discomfort stomach and skipping heart beats?

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have flipping in my stomach that is driving me
crazy. I have had this before but it has been quite awhile. It also feels like my heart is skipping a beat or racing.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
get an ecg done

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Though it looks like gastritis to me but its always better to rule to cardiac conditions first.

So get an ECG done and if that comes normal, start on a course of ppi tablets like omeprazole or pantaprazole, as this could be stress induced gastritis.

Take the tablet for few days and if there is a positive response then continue it for a few weeks to cure the gastritis.

Hope I have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ashish Verma 30 minutes later
I had an ECG before my surgery and the last time I had this problem. All ok. I am currently on pantaprozole for GERD. Should I try OTC of something else?
Brief Answer:
see below

Detailed Answer:

If the last ECG was taken more than one month back and you feel like skipping heart beats then better to take a new one.

Also if you are taking pantaprazole once in the morning then you may take it twice a day, and you may add a gastrokinetic to it to to enhance gastric emptying and thus prevent reflux better.

But for the prescription you need to see a local doctor.

Try this for a few days and let me know the response.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Ashish Verma 19 minutes later
Thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
.

Detailed Answer:

I am glad that I have been of some help to you.

If there are no further questions you may close the discussion and rate the response.

Dr Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari