What causes feeling choking sensation around neck?

Endocrinologist
Question
I have been feeling choking sensation around my neck from past 15 days n it's getting worse, doctor at urgent care provided me with tapering dose of prednisone which I don't think is helping , I feel left side of my face is slightly swollen and left side if my neck is swollen , my last blood work was in the third week of February 14 and TSH was normal, could this be goiter?
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Goitre is thyroid enlargement.

Detailed Answer:
dear XXXXXXX goitre is term for thyroid enlargement. why should it cause facial swelling? you have a family history of thyroid disorders. your report of February is old. kindly get a fresh TSH and FT4 and also get a USG neck done. then let me know the results. regards!

Follow-up: What causes feeling choking sensation around neck? 11 minutes later
Doctor if it turns out positive, will the swelling completely go away? Also I do feel palpitations! I'm getting married in 4 months will this interfere to conceive?
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is a manageable condition.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX goitre is a manageable condition. Pregnancy is possible with thyroid disorders, but it needs more careful monitoring. Regards!