Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

What causes feeeling of electrical pulses through neck and shoulders?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I keep getting light electrical pulses through my neck and across my right shoulder area, could these be signs of a blood clot on nerves or a sign of a stroke/
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Compression of nerve in cervical spine. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. According to your symptoms it looks like there is compression of nerve in cervical [neck area] spine. This leads to electrical pulses across your shoulder area. You may need to take x ray or MRI spine to see for severity of nerve compression. Some medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will help, you can take them consulting your treating doctor. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes feeeling of electrical pulses through neck and shoulders? 2 hours later
I hoped it was merely that I need to go to the chiropractor, I thought I read it could be sign of heart or stroke and I am glad to hear you do not think it is either. but this cost me half a visit to my chiropractor to find out, but still cheaper than visit to regular doctor office.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Appreciate your reviews about this service Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. I am glad to know that I could address your concern. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service. Hope this helps you. You can consult me again directly through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor