What causes fatty liver disease?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 4 Jul 2016 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: I am 80 years old and i noticed hepatoegaly with grade II fatty infiltration may height is 5 foot 2 inches and my weightis 95kgs I am suffering pain on left side below ribs what diet i have to take and any medicine to controll
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....explained below
Detailed answer...
I have read your query and understand your concern,however I would like to assure you that it can be reversed and hence nothing to worry.
The most c'mon causes for fatty liver are..
Consumption of alcohol,incorrect diet,excess of weight and obesity,diabetes,excessive use of pain killers,herbal medicines etc.
What to do....
Quit alcohol
Eat less carbohydrate like avoid...bread,pasta,rice,breakfast cereals,pastry,cakes,pizzas,fried chips,biscuits,doughnuts etc.
Take plenty of green vegetables and fruits
Avoid deep fried foods
Take healthy fat like olive oil,coconut oil etc
Control your diabetes,if present
Shed your weight and try to do some exercises like walking
Drink raw vegetable juice 3-4 times a week around 250-300 ml
Take some good B complex vitamin
It would take time but you would be all right with these measures
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks