What causes fatigue,constipation and blood in urince after a VNUS procedure?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Veins and Arteries
Question: Hi,
I am a 68 yr. old female who weighs 161lbs. and is 5' 6" tall. Four days ago I had the VNUS Closure procedure done. Since then I have felt tired, flushed in the evenings, constipated and most recently have noticed blood in my urine. What could be wrong?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
post procedures symptoms and likely uti

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
VNUS is a minimally invasive and safer surgery for the varicose veins using radio frequency heat ablation.a good endo vascular expert cam leave zero adverse effects.
Lethargy and fatigue and off the moods are just normal for any procedure for a human being and that is why rest is advised nothing to worry about.
Now constipation occurs when mobilisation or moving is reduced.that is why doctors recommend early mobilisation and walking and refraining from Strenuous activities or sitting or standing on a place for very long time as that might cause the symptoms you just mentioned.
Now last but not the least haematuria at age of 68 with a recent procedure history is most likely a UTI.get a urine routine exam take some antibiotics for it drink plenty of fluids and walk and mobilise and issues will resolve.take some acetaminophen for the discomfort . give it some time and it will resolve.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX