What causes fatigue while on heart medication?

Excellent

Question
I have some heart damage from a heart attack. Is it normal to be fatigue 8 months after. I was on Liptor do to muscle cramps and now I'm on Crestor. I just feel so tired and I sweat a lot. Is this do to the damage, maybe medications? Thank you
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Heart Attack

Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your heart attack might have led to heart failure

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr Achuo
I have read your query with a lot of interest.

You have a relevant history should really be considered look upon. The relevant history is that of a heart attack. Heart attack results from myocardial ischemia which can leave a good portion of the heart wall death and no more functional.
When the portion of the heart wall affected is much, the heart develops an inability to supply a cardiac output that satisfies the whole body. This is termed heart failure. Signs and symptoms include: fatigue, dyspnea ( breathlessness on effort), orthopnea(breathlessness while lying down) etc.

On the other hand, fatigue and sweating could be as a result of the drugs. Liptor and crestor belong to the same family of drugs known as statins which are used to reduce cholesterol in the body. However, side effects are usually rare but possible and usually dose dependent.

What i would recommend you to do is to meet a cardiologist, who will examined you in detail and rule out the possibility of a failing heart or other possibilities before relying on the possibility of side effect of the drugs.

Hope this helps you. If you have further query, i will be glad to respond
Best regards
Dr Achuo