• question-icon

What causes fatigue while on Celexa?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Experiencing a lot of fatigue. Take Celexa, have taken it for a long time, 40 grams... Recently had blood tests came out well except Cholesterol was 255 with 85 good Cholesterol. Tiredness has been going on a while now...
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

If you have a history of depression and are experiencing fatigue, it may be worth trying a more "activating" antidepressant. These are usually Effexor, Cymbalta, Pristiq, or Wellbutrin. Any one of these is excellent for treating depression and may be less likely than Celexa to contribute to fatigue and may even help it.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 11 minutes later
Thanks Doctor.... Does long term Celexa use contribute to low Iron (tiredness)??
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
No, Celexa does not affect iron levels in any way.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist