What causes fatigue, nausea and loss of appetite?

Dr. Rini

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: HI, ok as short as I can symptoms are no appetite nausea at eve assoc with any kind of eating. Bipolar not responding to anything, feels like sugar pills, fatigue, menopause assoc with hours of a hot flash at a time, dizziness, blurred vision in and out. Labs all on high end of normal CNBC metabolic etc but one did say total protein at 60. Unsourced yea chronic pain in arthritic areas no anti inflammatory helping. Tylenol 3 helps for just a bit. I b s flared up cbc I meant
Your turn when ready please
Answered by Dr. Rini 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Side effect of drugs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query,
As per your history you are on a number of drugs,Loss in appetite and nausea can be side effect of most the drugs you are on.
Dizziness,Fatigue nausea is the most common side effect of Gabapentin and most of the drugs used in treatment of bipolar disorder.
Tyelenol is a very week anti inflammatory if arthritic pain is more you can take tramadol in combination with paracetamol for few days.
Overall to improve your appetite i would suggest you to take some overcounter Probiotic for few weeks,Probiotic will help you in digestion,As most of the medicines you are on are toxic to liver you can aslo take a potent liver tonic like sylimarin,This will help you to increase your appetite.
Apart from medicines-
Eat lot of fruits and fresh vegetable.
Try to take lots of curd and yoghurt in food.
Eat home made food.
Avoid oily and spicy foods.

Thank you!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana