Owl Image

What causes fatigue, mild diarrhea and stiff neck?

Owl Image
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Question
I am having multiple symptoms,
Pain in my right upper quadrant, but it is not my GB. I had it removed in XXXXXXX It bothers me most after I eat.
I am extremely fatigued and need to lie down starting in early evening.
Neck pain / stiff neck, nausea, Mild diarrhea, motion sickness. My breasts are a little more sensitive than normal.
Joint pain, mild edema in my hands
I also thought I might be pregnant, but it has only been 3 weeks.
Thu, 11 Jan 2018 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
can be acid peptiic disorder.

Detailed Answer:
Hello there,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query .
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answers are-

Right upper quadrant pain associated with food intake in a patient without gallbladder can be due to acid peptic disorder.
Increased formation of acid may cause irritation of mucosa(protective lining of gut).This constant irritation causes inflammation of muscular wall.Now every time as a person have food acid secretion as well as intestinal motility increases which causes pain in already inflammed gut wall.
Nausea,Fatigue,lassitude,Breast tenderness(as nerves supplying different areas are branches of same root) can be explained by acid peptic disroder.

Problem with Gastroenterology is that almost every disorder present with same set of symptoms therefore its a bit difficult to reach a final diagnosis just on the basis of history especially in cases where symptoms are not very specific and we can’t examine patient physically.

I would suggest you to go for following tests to reach a confirmatory diagnosis-
Hemoglobin
Complete blood count
TLC/DLC
H.Pylori test.
X ray AP and lateral cervical spine(for neck stiffiness)
Ultrasound abdomen(to rule out abdominal patnology)
2 d echo cardiogram(to rule out involvement of heart in edema)
and the most important Upper G.I endoscopy( to rule out peptic ulcers).

As off now i would suggest you to take Omeprazole 40 mg twice daily(Over the counter) with an antacid like Tums.
Acid peptic disorders often reponds immediately to proton pump inhibitors.

Follow up with reports.
Hope i was helpful.
Feel free to follow up.

Regards!