What causes fatigue, joint aches, low BP and weakness after a flu shot?

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I thought I had the flu. But had my flu shot. I have tested positive for flu even after taking the flu shot but dr told me that the year that they guessed wrong.
I hurt in my joints really bad and well as muscles.
Strength so weak yesterday I could not
turn over In bed.Can't say I had a fever. I am 52 and after al most a year I had a very heavy flow
I am .wobbly to the extent that I have to hold on to something. Seeing double vision. Look pressure is 101/70
With heart rate at43.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Information

Detailed Answer:

I'm sorry you are feeling so ill.

The flu shot varies in it's effectiveness from one year to the next. Basically, the manufacturers take their best guess at what the predominant flu viruses will be the following year and make the vaccine from that prediction. They don't always get it right.

How many days have you been this weak? And what do you take gabapentin for - do you have an autoimmune or any other kind of ongoing disorder?

When did you test positive for flu?