What causes fatigue in women?
that is one possible cause of fatigue, need complete blood count
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Iron deficiency can cause anemia (low blood count), which can cause fatigue. It is not the only cause of anemia. Some of the other causes would be low vitamin b12 or folate , chronic illness and blood loss.
Low levels of thyroid hormone can also cause fatigue as well as fighting an acute infection.
It would be good for her to be assessed with examination and blood tests. To determine if she has anemia due to iron deficiency or any other cause, she would need a complete blood count.
An ESR , to check for inflammation, would also be needed along with thyroid function tests.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause fatigue
- What causes fatigue and tiredness
- What causes fatigue and dizziness
- What causes fatigue after hysterectomy
- What causes bouts of confusionweakness and fatigue
- What causes nausea and fatigue
- What causes chronic headaches and fatigue
- What is the cause of persistent leg fatigue
- What causes adrenal fatigue symptoms
- What is the cause of unusual fatigue
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?