What causes fatigue and unusual bruising on shin area?
Checking your platelets is recommended
repeated bruising (if not attributed to injuries) has to be investigated.
Regarding the bites, I cannot recommend anything more than refraining from scratching them because you'll make them worse and hard to heal. You can use antihistamine or corticosteroid cream to relieve the itching a bit.
Regarding the bruises I would suggest checking your platelet count first. You can also check the coagulation system with INR and aPTT.
Sometimes in young women, unexplained bruising occurs (sometimes related to their period) without any other finding on clinical examination or laboratory tests. If you do get normal values on INR, aPTT and platelets, then perhaps you should contact a hematologist for further investigation. Besides the platelet number, other elements of the coagulation process may be faulty like the functionality of the platelets, von Willebrand's disease etc
I hope I've helped!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause fatigue
- What causes fatigue and tiredness
- What causes fatigue and dizziness
- What causes easy bruising dizziness and fatigue
- What causes fatigue after hysterectomy
- What causes bouts of confusionweakness and fatigue
- What causes nausea and fatigue
- What is the cause of persistent leg fatigue
- What causes adrenal fatigue symptoms
- What is the cause of unusual fatigue