• question-icon

What causes fatigue and lower back spasms?

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Back Pain
Question: I am 67 years old work full time at a management position and am active daily. I recently have been extremely tired, lower back spasms and I am red and flushed and clammy for hours at a time. I have been achy all over for the past week and I don't have much of an appetite.
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
i think that could be low back pain or muscular spasm which is common in over exertion or vigorous movements .

Detailed Answer:
Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using HealthcareMagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

I hope you feel better soon , in my opinion i think it is a kind of muscular sprain that could subside simultaneously with rest .
For my patients i recommend painkillers like advil tabs when needed , B12 vitamin supplements , muscle relaxants and hot genle massaging with topical anti-inflammatory gels is effective for most of cases .
If pain persists i recommend further investigations and MRI scan for proper evaluation and management and follow them up with your physician or neurologist .

Please click and consider a 5 star rating with some positive feedback if the information was helpful. Wish you good health,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 39 minutes later
I did not get a response about being clammy and flushed for long periods of time.
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clammy and flushing are symptoms that may result from many different dis

Detailed Answer:
Clammy and flushing are symptoms that may result from many different diseases but i think you may need further blood investigations for proper evaluation and management maybe anemia or deficiency or may be just you may need more hydration .
Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon