What causes fatigue and headache while treating tooth infection?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am taking an antibiotic for a tooth infection can that delay my period? My period was supposed to start Monday but hasn’t come yet, I am having some pregnancy symptoms I’m very tired have had a headache for a week but got a negative pregnancy test today is that too early to test ? I guess my question is is the antibiotic making me miss my period or could I be pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to weakness.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
An antibiotic is not likely to cause a delay in the periods. The weakness due to the infection can cause a delay. Your period has to be overdue by 4-5 days to get a positive pregnancy test. It is too early now. Do wait for your periods and repeat the test after 3 days in case the periods do not start.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D