Owl Image

What causes fatigue and excessive thirst?

Owl Image
Dr. Sudhir

Question
so I have questions is that I eat breakfast or lunch or dinner after that I have eat again in hour or so.snd I have been very tired and very thirst too.i was wondering if I should get my blood suger check.
Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you can get sugar tested.

Detailed Answer:

With those symptoms, its good idea to get your sugar levels checked.

A fasting and post meal sugar levels should be checked.In case they turn out high then you can test for HbA1c - this test gives idea about sugar levels raised for 3 months duration.

Hope this answers your query.Regards

Follow-up: What causes fatigue and excessive thirst? 10 hours later
Ok thank you.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
It was pleasure assisting you.Regards

I did ask for blood suger test .I'm waiting to hear to see when.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do let me know test results.

Detailed Answer:
hello,

Do let me know test results.we can discuss this further.Regards.

Follow-up: What causes fatigue and excessive thirst? 11 hours later
my blood sugar was 85 .I just what to know why I'm sake after I hour of when I eat.i did not see him the nurse just did I was i could of see him

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Was blood sugar level checked after food as well?

Detailed Answer:

This will help as know if sugar levels are stable after meals.

Follow-up: What causes fatigue and excessive thirst? 5 minutes later
no he what to do it before they had me fast.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
But they should have check after meal as well

Detailed Answer:
But they should have check after meal as well, its called postprandial sugar levels.These are more important , particularly in your case.I am afraid you will have to get it tested again.

Follow-up: What causes fatigue and excessive thirst? 2 minutes later
Ok I think I well let know thank you .

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Will like to hear from you

Detailed Answer:
Do let me know test results.

Ok I well ask if they can do it after I eat too.the nurse there I do not like because it hated to talk to him .about it .so I did not get chance to talk to him.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Have a talk with doctor .

Detailed Answer:
Having talk with doctor can probably get things done in better way.Do try to get a clinical evaluation done as well so that if needed doctor can suggest other tests in one go.Regards.

Follow-up: What causes fatigue and excessive thirst? 20 hours later
Ok I'm going to call Monday and tell the nurse what go on.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
ok

Detailed Answer:
Will wait for reply.

Follow-up: What causes fatigue and excessive thirst? 3 days later
I call on Monday for my knee and the lump and I'm not seeing him he what me to wait couple more days for my knee and lump.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wrong thread posting.

Detailed Answer:
I think you have posted this knee related query here by mistake in this sugar related post.

Follow-up: What causes fatigue and excessive thirst? 9 minutes later
yea I did .I just what know why after hour I eat I need to eat again because it feel like my suger is going down and u sart shake or jerking when it like that they did a fasting blood sugar it was 85 but do you think they should test me after I eat.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should get test 2 hours after meal

Detailed Answer:
Its called postprandial sugar levels.Get them tested.

Ok I well see if he well do that.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ask them about HbA1c test as well.

Detailed Answer:
HbA1c is gives ideal of sugar levels over a period of three months.Regards.

Follow-up: What causes fatigue and excessive thirst? 33 hours later
So you think I should get that it that one you do after two hour after I ate.and I hurt my knee pretty good on Monday and still hurt I hurt in the past and it has not been the same. and it hurt in below it middle and the top and feel like there is fluid in there too when I hurt in couple again I sprain it and i had gator tag piece go in there.and it was bleed there and if feel like the blood packet in there were the gator tag piece what in there. with being heal.and my doctor what to wait couple of days. and it been couple of days now and still hurts. I'm not sure what to do. do you have ideas.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, after two hours past meal.

Detailed Answer:

Yes, blood sugar level is to be tested two hours after meal.

For knee I think you should get MRI done to see internal structure injury and effusion.After that treatment can be planned better.

Regards.

Follow-up: What causes fatigue and excessive thirst? 43 minutes later
Ok that what I thought about it.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do let me know.

Detailed Answer:
Looking forward to test results.Regards.