What causes fatigue and constipation in a person suffering from celiac disease?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I recently turned 50 I know I've started menopause and have thought about getting a hysterectomy I have had my tubes done for 20 years, what are the side effects, right now I'm experiencing fatigue, constipation (exlax daily) mood swings and lack of energy and disrupted sleeps. I'm still getting my period and with that comes irritability and fatigue I'm active at the gym 5-6 days a week usually I get quick results but this time its a struggle to achieve my goals, I'm not seeing results and mostly around the abdomen area. I do have celiac disease as well so my diet is monitored very carefully.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get fasting sugars done

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1. Please get blood sugar done in morning while fasting.

2. Diabetes is a possibility at this age which is making you feel fatigued.

3. If not diabetic, you can start HRT and see if symptoms improve.

4. You can go ahead with hysterectomy but I don't see any reason for hysterectomy.

Let me know if you need anymore help.