What causes fatigue after having Belviq?

Psychiatrist
Question
I have recently started belviq and I am completely wiped out. Does this go away or is it just the wrong pill for me. My dr says it will go away but this is starting to depress me. I am a high energy lady is this why people stop it or will it really go away. This has happened once with lexapro which I stopped after a week or two
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not. known side effect

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Well "getting wiped out" is not a commonly reported side effect of belviq. In fact in most of the patients, they have reported only headache and nausea with the medicines and generally the medicine has a good tolerability.
If it is causing alot of troubke to you then it would be wise to discontinue it and opt for other better weight reduction measures like exercise and diet restriction.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.