What causes fasting blood sugar level to be 101?
ar after an hour and half it was 192. this morning the fast sugar is 101. Am I diabetic? generally my random is between 115 to 130
Doesn't seem lie you have Diabetes.
Thanks for posting your query.
Well Diabetes is diagnosed by three tests
1. Fasting Blood Sugars : Done after 10 hours of fasting , which is normal in your case.
2. Postprandial Blood sugars : Which is blood sugars tested 2 hours after consumption of 75g of glucose. In your case its high but you have taken heavy dinner which is not equivalent to 75g of glucose ( way higher than 75g )
3. HBA1C : Which checks average blood sugars of past 3 months.
So as of now I don't feel you are diabetic , but to be more confirmatory I recommend you to get HBA1c test done and revert back.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .
You don't have Diabetes.
HBA1C of 5.5 is absolutely normal . Then you don't have Diabetes.
I would recommend you to repeat HBA1c after a year but definitely you are not diabetic.
Hope this answers your query.
Any clarification feel free to ask. If none kindly close the discussion and rate my answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the causes of high sugar levels
- What causes high blood sugar level in children
- Cause high blood sugar level
- What are various causes for changing of fasting blood sugars
- What causes drop in blood sugar level
- What causes increase in the sugar levels
- What causes sugar levels to rise
- What causes high blood sugar
- What causes increase in fasting blood sugar level
- What causes spike in blood sugar level