What causes faster growth in finger nail after a finger surgery?

Question
Four weeks ago today I had surgery on my ringer finger. They repair my laceration Pufudus flexor tendon.
now my fingernail is growing faster than normal. Is that a good sign that I'm healing faster.
XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Indirectly, yes!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about the laceration you suffered. With the nail growing faster than before, it means all the nourishing structures are intact and this is necessary for damage repairs in the body.

For the tendon specific examination should be able to tell how well you are recovering. I know the finger must have been maintained slightly in a flexed position with excessive extension movements discouraged. This would also help facilitate consolidation as immobilization is a major part of treatment.

In all, this is an indirect reassuring sign that the nourishing structures are all intact. I am optimistic and positive about this and sure you are as well.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.