What causes fast heart rate levels during the daytime with postpartum depression?

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Mon, 10 Sep 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: hi.. good morning.. iam 30 years old , breastfeeding for 5 months baby.. almost everyday in the early morning time i feel heavy heartbeat that lasts for some hours. during that time i feel uncomfortable.. i sense that as if the heart is beating at my chest heavily. i have checked my bp and pulse rate in home which seems to be normal.. i have attached the pic of it. checked TSH 2 months ago which was in normal range.. should i recheck it ..? i also feel depressed post delivery.. not sure why... please help me out with your valuable suggestions.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Fatigue.

Detailed Answer:

It looks like you are having chronic fatigue due to lack of sleep.

I would suggest you try getting more sleep, drink lots of water around 3 lts per day.

Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and dried fruits such as dates.

I have viewed the attached images and your BP is normal but slightly on the lower side.

I would suggest you drink lemon juice with a pinch of salt.

There is nothing to worry, a newborn can be stressful.

Get as much as sleep possible, deep breathing exercises and keep yourself hydrated.

In case it still persists after 2 or 3 months it is best to meet your gynecologist or physician for a detailed examination and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Kampana , General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana