What causes fast heart beat and dizziness?

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Question: I sometimes go to bed and wake up with my heart racing and feels like I a, going to pass out but when I sit up or stand up it all calms down
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get yourself clinically examined and investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated. Your symptoms can be due to anxiety but a thorough clinical evaluation will help.

Following investigations may be helpful :-
1. Hemoglobin levels.
2. ECG.
3. 2D Echo of heart.
4. Thyroid profile.
5. Blood pressure and heart rate monitoring.

More can be commented after knowing the reports of the above mentioned investigations and according to the clinical evaluation done by your doctor.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Thanks.