What causes falling out of teeth in a 57 year old?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 29 Dec 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: My sister is 57 years old and looks years older. She is extremely thin and recently had a spinal surgery for curvature of her spine. Her teeth and hair are falling out. She eats very little-mainly fruits. She also has a very short temper and is isolating herself.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The cause needs to be found, lifestyle changes necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Premature aging may be a feature of different conditions that range from genetic disorders ( progreroid syndromes ) to neurological disorders such Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and depression.

Genetic testing and evaluation by your sister's Neurologist are necessary to assess the correct cause of your sister's issues.

Meanwhile genetic conditions are not treatable, neurological conditions may be treated and their progress may be stopped.

Lifestyle changes towards diet ( balanced diet ), exercising and socializing help in improving overall condition of your sister.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T