What causes fainting when suffering from high cholesterol and triglycerides?

Excellent

Question
Ive had 3 heart ablations over the last 6 years, I have high cholesterol and triglycerides . I am 51, I'm passing out and exhausted the past few weeks. I still feel my heart having irregular rhythm . Should I be concerned?
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need evaluation...

Detailed Answer:

Passing out and exhaustion are not specific symptoms that relates to heart illness. However in presence of previous rhythm disturbance and heart ablations, it should not be ignored. I insist you see your cardiologist who performed the procedures. He/she will have a baseline heart check up followed by EKG, echo and rhythm monitoring (such as holter) to know about current heart status.

Other common conditions that can mimic your symptoms include anemia, anxiety and thyroid disturbances. I am sure the treating doctor will consider these differentials during evaluation.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: What causes fainting when suffering from high cholesterol and triglycerides? 19 hours later
Anemia and thyroid are fine, I will schedule an appointment however, I'm wondering if I should see an electro cardiologist or regular cardiologist? Should it matter?

Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cardio electrophysiologist (electrocardiologist)..

Detailed Answer:

Just based on the details you provided, I will refer you to an cardio electrophysiologist who specializes in heart rhythm abnormality. However I am not sure you will find many of those experts there. If you don't find them, either your previous specialist or any other regular cardiologist will be able to help you.

Hope this answers your question.

Follow-up: What causes fainting when suffering from high cholesterol and triglycerides? 8 hours later
I have an electro in salt lake which is only 2 hours away. Thank you for your help.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good luck..

Detailed Answer:
I wish the appointment helps you fix the troubles.

If you have no more questions, please close this discussion.