What causes fainting feeling while standing?
Postural hypotension or nutrional deficiency
I had gone through your question very diligently and I can understand your concern.
Fainting on standing up can be related to postural hypotension or nutritional deficiency like anaemia. When you stand up, blood pooling occurs in lower extremities which cause less blood to reach heart and brain. This causes giddiness or fainting.
As such you are visiting your doctor in next week, so you need not to be panic. Untill that time, please follow these guidelines.
- Stand up very slowly with some support initially
- Move your fingers and squeeze calf muscles while standing up
- Have plenty of fluids like lemon water with salt and sugar
- Have fruit juices and fresh fruits as a whole.
When you visit your doctor ask him/her to record your blood pressure and blood tests like hemoglobin and blood count may be needed.
I would like to know if you are taking any medicines?
Hope this helps you
Thanks for your question, please feel free to ask for more clarification I will be happy to help you
Please consider these guidelines
Thanks for your reply
Postural hypotension can be caused to
low blood volume or anaemia
Pooling of blood in lower exterimities due to gravity
Vitamin B 12 deficiency
Prolonged bed rest
You can use compression bandages and taking all precautions as I advised in my previous answer
Have multivitamin supplements
Have lots of fruits and vegetables
Exercise regularly to increase muscle tone
Hope this answers your question
Thanks and regards
This could be physiological postural hypotension
Thanks for your reply
Since you are going to doctor nest week so need not to worry till that time
You can use compression bandage and be careful while standing up or walking
Whenever you go to doctor, discuss it in details
I would advise you foe recording of blood pressure and a battery of tests like blood for hemoglobin, CBC, liver and thyroid function test and an EKG
meanwhile please follow the guidelines I have advised in previous answers.
Thanks for using our services.
Wish you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of faint abdominal cramping
- What causes fainting and dizziness
- Feeling nauseus followed by fainting causes
- Unusual feeling on chest that causes faint
- Causes of fainting while sitting
- What causes faint dizzy feeling after surgery
- What causes near fainting spells
- What causes sudden fainting and vomiting
- What causes fainting on airplane
- What causes fainting while standing up