What causes facial swelling and a gray discoloration at the tooth extraction site?
Pressure of edema can constrict blood vessels
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Focused and clear picture would have helped me more; please post one.
The commonest cause I can think about the gray tone of the skin is the edema causing constriction of the blood vessels hence giving such an appearance.
But it is necessary to rule out internal developing abscess.
You must be taking some medicines which may mask the symptoms and signs.
Please also see whether the swelling is hard or soft.
Better to consult a Doctor and get started on medications
Thanks for your feedback.
Soreness is most probably due to inflammation or infection and usually not from Novacaine injection.
I think get started on an antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory medications after consulting a Doctor to get the problem solved and have an actual examination too.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will a tooth extraction cause dizziness
- Tooth extraction cause blindness
- Tooth extraction caused abortion
- Tooth discoloration causes
- Tooth extraction cause frequent urination
- Causes of tooth extraction side effects
- Sudden tooth discoloration causes
- What causes bump on the gum after tooth extraction
- Pityriasis caused by tooth extraction
- What are the causes for black tooth