What causes facial pain after waking up in the morning ?
decongestants, antihistamine, anti inflammatory pain killer, warm compress
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
The congestion of the sinus spaces in your face would contribute to the pain and the presence of mucus to the back of the throat would affect the voice.
In addition to the mucinex and z pack, you can consider--(1) warm, not hot, compress to the face, this would help to drain the sinuses.
(2)an oral and topical decongestant eg afrin to the nose and an oral decongestant. consider switching mucinex to MUCINEX D (NOT DM).
This contains a mixture of guaifenesin (a mucolytic) and pseudoephedrine (decongestant).
(3)an oral antihistamine eg benadryl or claritine or zyrtec or allegra
(4)anti inflammatory pain killer eg ibuprofen or naproxen to help
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?