What causes extremely low blood count?

Posted on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 in Blood Disorders
Question: I have just been told I have an extreme low blood count. along with the other symptoms that I have been experiencing, do you have some idea what this could be.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a Bone Marrow Depression

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
These are many reasons for blood count:
To name a few common reasons- Flu, Typhoid, Bone marrow depression due to other diseases, some medicines, Disease of the bone marrow itself.

You have not mentioned your Symptoms, disease or medication history.

You have to report to the Doctor, get further investigations done , and best would be a consultation with a Hematologist for further evaluation like bone marrow biopsy and management according to the root cause and findings.
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon