What causes extremely heavy periods with big blood clots?
Due to PCOS and endometrial hyperplasia.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
You are having heavy and prolonged vaginal bleeding,a menstrual disorder called Menorrhagia. In your case it is likely that the bleeding is due to Ovarian cysts and endometrial hyperplasia(increased thickness of endometrial lining). The white tissue is the endometrial lining.
The management of this condition would require treatment with progesterone to stabilize the endometrium and reduce bleeding along with hemostatic agents like ethamsylate or tranexaemic acid . Oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) suppress endometrial development, reestablish predictable bleeding patterns, decrease menstrual flow, and lower the risk of iron deficiency anemia.
You are getting the right treatment with oral contraceptives.
Meanwhile start taking iron supplements to combat excessive blood loss from your body.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is causing regular headaches with heavy periods and bruising
- What causes extremely heavy periods
- Heavy periods with blood clots headache
- What causes early heavy periods
- What causes heavy period bleeding
- What causes heavy periods with red spotting and discharge
- Heavy period blood clots pushed tampon out
- Long heavy period with large blood clots
- Heavy periods with blood clots
- What causes long and heavy periods during perimenopause