question-icon

What causes extreme tightness all over the body after a body massage?

Posted on 6 days ago
Question: My back and back hve been really hurting me I went to get a massage today nd she did I was extremely tight all over .. my blood pressure hs been up too..is it harmful to have tight muscles? Does it cut off the blood flow to organs.. why doctor should I see about this? What exercises can I do to reduce my tightness? Thanks so much!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Can be due to muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:
The pain and tightness in the back can be due to a muscle spasm. It does not affect the blood flow to organs but is painful. For this it is best to do a hot compress, apply a local analgesic gel like Volini and consult your physician and get oral muscle relaxants prescribed. Once the pain subsides then stretching exercises under the guidance of a physiotherapist will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal (1 hour later)
Having a lot of the muscle knots underneath the skin is it harmful?? What can I do to get rid of them.. do they pull and make me have muscle spasms?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (3 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Not related to knots.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The knots under the skin can be due to muscle spasm or benign masses like lipomas. This needs a direct examination to find out the cause.
The knots are not likely to cause the pull and spasms that you are having.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon