Owl Image

What causes extreme itching over the upper body and calves?

Owl Image
Dr. Eni

Question
I'm experiencing extreme itching over my upper body and calves for the past 2 weeks. I have type 2 diabetes
and parkinsons,
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I need more information regarding the medication that you take daily.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Patient,

Welcome and thank you for posting your question.

You said that you are diabetic and have also Parkinson.
I need to know what medication you take daily.
Many patient with Parkinson develop itching because of the excipient of the tablets of Levodopa (Sinemet). If you are taking this medication already then you need to rechange it to a different Levodopa.

You can talk about this with your doctor and get another Levodopa with prescription.
Meanwhile apply on the itching area cream with antihistamines locally. You can get this at your local drugstore without prescription.

Hopefully I helped to direct you to the solution.

If You have other questions, feel free to post them.

Best Regards,
Dr. Eni