What causes extreme fatigue, intermittent burning rash, nausea and diarrhea?

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have extreme fatigue(practically bedridden in a week), burning "rush" that comes and goes, cannot breathe well, almost pass out if on feet longer than a minute. I've been really ill with nausea and diarrhea for about six weeks. I had a severe uti but am now cleared of it for a week and the fatigue gets worse by the day. Also, I've lost 15 lbs during all this. I'm drinking and eating finally so you'd think my strength would be up not down. What could it be? I was just told I have an ovarian cyst, uterine fibroid, and a pelvic blood clot. But other people with these conditions can get up and walk around!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Related to recent illness and infections you had.

Detailed Answer:
The extreme fatigue associated with generalized weakness for a week could be due to-
1. Generalized viral illness.
2. Improper diet due to the recent illness.
3. Abnormal body posture, muscle overuse.
4. Electrolyte imbalance.
5. Hormonal disbalance like hypothyroidism.
5. Anxiety neurosis.
All these possibilities need to be ruled out after a proper physical examination and related blood tests.
Till the time you get evaluated for these possibilities, there are some of the other lifestyle options which you can follow:
1) You need to take regular meals and electrolyte rich fluids at regular intervals. Taking a well balanced diet will be helpful.

2) Do not take caffeine or alcohol at night just before going to bed.

3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind.

4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon