What causes extreme fatigue and heaviness in head?
Noted your symptoms. You have mentioned that basic blood works are normal. Do you mind attaching those test reports ?
I would like to know feww more details. Hope you will be able to answer them
1) Your periods. Are they regular? when was the last period?
If are you in menopause, are you having menopausal symptms like hot flushes?
2) Your weight, height and blood pressure?
3) Smoking and alcohol intake ?
4) Any recent fever, cough, runny nose, fluc like illness, weight gain or weight loss ?
5) How is your apetite and bowel habits?
6) How is your sleep. How many hours do you sleep continuously? DO you feel fresh/ well rested on waking up ?
7) DO you snore ? DO you feel sleepy when driving/reading news paper or while watching TV ?
8) Do you feel you are lonely or depressed ? Any anxiety features ?
I would appreciate a reply. There are so many causes of fatigue and it is essential to get a detailed history. I hope you wont mind ansering the above questions.
I am 5 foot eight and weigh 200 pounds. Blood pressure is good. I don't smoke or drink. I have lost 20 pounds over the last few months but that was by choice.
I have no flu like symptoms. Appetite and bowels are normal. I sleep okay and used to feel rested, but have been tired upon awakening for the last six weeks. I do snore but my husband says that I do it less since I've lost weight. I had a sleep study done four years ago for insomnia but they did not find apnea. I am depressed in respect to what is wrong with me and will I get better.
Thank you for the reply.
ent through te attached report and it is good except your LDL ( bad cholsetarol) slightly on higher side. But you good cholesterol ( HDL) is excellent. It is very reassuring that all of those vital test are normal. Glad to know that you do not have sleep apnea. Systems including apetite and bowels are normal too.
It may be worth stopping HRT and watching your symptoms. HRT can cause headaches sometimes. It has been shown to increase blood clots as well. You could be also recovering from a viral illness. Please try Panadol PRN
TAke rest. Few days of leave from work and a trip to a far away place away from city may help. If you think symptoms are not improving, then we might have to do more aggressive tests like scans etc. At the moment, from the available test repoorts, it looks good and probably there is no serious problem.
It may be worth gettting an ECG( EKG) as well
Wish you a speedy recovery
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can statins cause extreme fatigue
- Bumpy, extreme fatigue causes
- Can a hernia cause extreme fatigue
- Sweaty, extreme fatigue causes
- Viruses that cause extreme fatigue
- What causes extreme fatigue with body chill
- What could cause constant extreme fatigue
- Causes of extreme fatigue nausea aches
- Night, extreme fatigue causes
- Can fibromyalgia cause extreme fatigue
- What causes sore throat inspite of having a treated thyroid cancer?
- What does low troponin value indicate?
- What causes extreme body heat with no fever?
- What causes spike in blood sugar level?
- What causes tingling around the mouth and tremor on chin?
- What causes pink blood discharge?
- What causes shortness of breath,confusion and depression when on thyroid...
- Suggest treatment for dry and cracked penis skin
- What does "eGFR is 57,sodium 129 and chloride 90" indicate?
- What causes nausea inspite of having diabetes, acid reflux disease and...