What causes extreme exhaustion and sudden drop in TSH level?
Yes it is possible for TSH to drop from around 8 to 1.26 in 2 weeks' time.
However it is not advisable to check TSH in 2 weeks after a dose change because generally 6 weeks are required for thyroid hormone levels to stabilize in the blood. Testing TSH after 6 weeks of a dose change gives a better idea as to current thyroid status.
So now that you have done it anyway, I recommend you re-check TSH along with a free T4 about 2 months later to make sure the two are in target range.
For now it appears the TSH is at goal. So I am sorry to note you are still not feeling well despite a normal TSH. I understand your CBC is normal, but I suggest you see your endocrinologist/ Primary healthcare provider to explore other potential causes for your condition such as adrenal insufficiency.
Please consult your doctor to consider other possibilities for your symptoms, and consider appropriate referrals to other sub-specialties as deemed necessary.
Based on information you have shared with me, endocrine causes seem unlikely
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elevated tsh level during pregnancy
- What causes high tsh levels precautions
- What are normal tsh levels
- What causes increase in tsh level despite taking thyronorm
- High tsh level causes
- What causes high tsh level
- What causes fluctuation in tsh levels
- What causes high tsh level of 130
- What causes high tsh levels in body
- Low tsh levels causes
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...