What causes extreme constipation and disposition of bodily tissue after uterus removal?

Diabetologist
Question
I was extremely constipated recently and when after I defecated I felt like there was tissue coming out that wasn't supposed to so I shoved it back up and haven't noted it since. However, I have intermittent swelling around my anus. No pain, but I will think it is gone and then it reappears. It is back today. I have an appt. with a colo-rectal specialist but they couldn't see me until XXXXXXX 17th. FYI 64 years, female, prolapsed uterus and bladder in my past. Uterus removed, cystocele. What is happening with me?
Fri, 25 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.

The symptoms of the query are highly suggestive of piles.

This is a common problem that can happen when you have constipation.
Hard stools and low fiber diet are the commonest cause of the piles.

Removal of uterus and prolapse uterus suggest that there is a possibility that the elastic tissue in your body is starting to get loose which itself predisposes to the piles as well.

The treatment usually depends on the grades of piles. I feel you have grade 1-2 piles. So mostly medical management would suffice.Simple steps like high fiber diet, plenty of fluids, and stool softeners like isapghulla husk would help a lot.

In high grade of piles, operative management may be needed.

You may find the following link useful
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/239454.php

Feel free to ask a related doubt if you still need more information.
Best of luck,
Dr Mittal