What causes extra flap of skin near anus?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi for about 6/7 months I have had a very small extra flap of skin near my anus. I asked my mom and she passed it off as a hemmeriod. I'm worried it could be a wart. Please help! In May 2015 I have a normal pap and was clear from everything. The bump developed around July after I had been on birth control for 2 months. Could this just be a skin tag, it's sort of a yellow/skin color. I've been googling and have convinced myself it's anal warts. Naturally I have been self examining myself and found white bumps on my labia minora, since I've been stretching it looks like there is now a tear. So my questions does the bump on my anus look like an anal wart and does my vagina look normal ? PLEASE LOOK AT PICTURE BEFORE RESPONDING
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Look like sentinel pile

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query and picture.
Based on the pictures I don't think it is wart. It appears to be sentinel pile.
It will great of you provide more information
1. Do you have difficulty or pain while passing stool?
2. Have you noted blood in stool?

I think you should not be worried as from the pictures it does not look like wart. Relax.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 4 minutes later
Yes recently there has been blood in my stool, and I have had a hard time passing my stools but I also have been stressing myself out like crazy. Did you notice the pictures of my vagina, I know you are not an OBGYN but anything to calm my nevrves would help. I have gyno appt next Tuesday for my yearly, just very scared she will tell me that is a wart. Would it be normal for it to be there for so long ?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As suggested earlier it appears to be sentinel pile, you need to relax

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX
Welcome.
I have gone through the pictures.
I did not find anything suspicious.
You need to relax, you are fine, as it appears you are very anxious, to calm your nerves you can visit a local doctor for detailed examination.

In my opinion, based on the pictures, I feel it is a sentinel pile and nor a wart.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar