What causes experiencing orange spots in vision?

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: i am 35 and currently taking pristiq and since taking this i have a orange spot in my vision in my right eye in light areas and seems darker inside areas what is this been checked by optometrist and opthamologist.
the eye doctors have found nothing to indicate any problems with my eyes.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be side effect of the drug, Prisitiq.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

It seems from the history that you are taking tablet Pristiq and you are experiencing seeing orange spots after starting the tablet.

Prisitiq is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor and is commonly used as a antidepressant.
It is known to side effects like dizziness, headache, blurring of vision...

So probably seeing of orange spots is related to the side effects of the drug.
Usually on eye examination no findings will be present and these are because of the side effects of the drugs.

Hence if the problem is severe and not decreasing you need to consult your doctor for prescription of some other drugs as a replacement for Prisitiq.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
with regards