Owl Image

What causes excruciating pain in the lower right abdomen?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have had 5 back operations due to falls and my pain Dr. told me that I should have a small operation where I can have shots of some new medication that is on the ocean floor. That didn't help so I stopped it and was sewn up again, but I have had an excruciating pain in my lower right abdomen that causes me to only sl recliner. I try sleeping in bed and I can sometimes sleep 2 to 2 1/2 hours on my left sls
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a nerve related pain.

Detailed Answer:
The pain that you have can be related to a nerve root irritation or a mild nerve compression. Medicines like Pregabalin and methylcobalamin supplements can help in improvement of the symptoms. Do consult a neurologist and get proper medicines prescribed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal