What causes excessive vaginal bleeding at the age of 51?
bleed may be collected blood, however evaluation necessary.
Thanks for the query to HCM,
As you have been menstruating regularly till date at 51 years regularly and there had been no issues regarding excessive vaginal bleeding till date then the sudden bleeding on the presumed last day of your menses would still be considered a part of the bleed and likely collected blood which may have got discharged and then ended the next day.
However it is advisable that you should get a ultrasound pelvis done to rule out any uterine cause like uterine polyps + endometrial lining thickness and also get a per speculum exam and PAP smear done in next week to rule out any cervical causes of bleeding following ectopy or cervical erosions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red bull and excessive vaginal bleeding
- Excessive vaginal bleeding in cats
- Treatment and cure for Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Drugs/medication for Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Symptoms of Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Diagnosis of Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Causes of excessive vaginal bleeding
- Oxy elite pro side effects and excessive vaginal bleeding
- Ruptured hymen excessive vaginal bleeding no penetration healing time
- Excessive vaginal bleeding and bumps