What causes excessive swelling in the feet, headache, nausea and ear congestion?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I just returned to NY state from a trip to England. My feet were enormous and they are now after 2 days almost back to normal. I have never seen them so big. You could not even see my ankle bones. Now I a really jittery and feel like every thing is moving. I have not had anything to drink. I also have a bad headache and my right ear feels congested. Also kind of nauseous.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is going to get fine soon.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

Usually to feet may swell up specially in females who have had a long journey, this usually happens due to prolonged sitting which results in pooling of fluids around the ankle.

You seem to have viral infection of upper respiratory tract which is causing you jitters, malaise and congestion this is also common with change of place and travelling.

I would suggest you to visit your doctor on next regular visit and discuss the edema issue you had, although it doesn't seem like anything alarming but if still your doctor deems necessary, he might get some workup done.

Currently there doen't seem to be anything alarming here is what you can do.

1) Keep aalt in take in check.
2) Drink fluids to replenish your body.
3) Don't sit or stand for long periods of time.
4) Use Alegra-D or something like that this will relieve your congestion, pain and jitters too.
6) Do get a few readings of your blood pressure over a day and discuss that if there is something markedly abnormal.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..