What causes excessive sweating?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have excessive sweating. But it is not under the arms, or hands or feet. I sweat from the head. They did not address this problem on line under excessive sweating.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be hormonal or circulatory problem

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had been facing lately. Based on the history you have shared, it can be due to hormonal imbalances though abrupt start at this stage with hormonal issues is less likely however with adrenals, thyroid,carcinoid, pheochromocytomas or even with pancreatic issues like insulinomas may present with this and postural drop or difference in blood supply may lead to a different response of antonomic nervous system in face or head and neck. So getting the levels of hormones may be helpful if supportive measures fail. Also problems with circulation or nerve supply or over responsiveness may be associated with increased sympathetic reponse in our area. If these all are assessed to be normal on clinical examination and basic lab work up done by your GP, you can consult a dermatologist for over activity if sweat activity and he can suggest some local applications or shampoos to decrease the incidence and help you keep yourself dry there. Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T