What causes excessive sweating?

Question
I am always hot and the people around me are comfortable. I sweat so much it runs down my face. I have never sweated like this before. if cool out if comfortable but hot very easy.
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Check for thyroid disease, tubreculosis, systemic

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

There two main conditions that need to be carefully excluded. It is important to check for a thyroid problem (raised thyroid hormones or hyperthyroidism). Doing blood tests for Thyroid Stimulating Hormones, TSH, T3 and T4 is important.

Secondly, knowing if you experienced any weight loss or fevers lately is important. Checking for tuberculosis is important. This is a common condition seen in tuberculosis.

Checking for systemic diseases like polymyalgia rheumatica, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, connective tissue disease is also very important. C reactive protein measures, erythrocyte sedimentation rates and a complete blood count should be done to screen for a possible inflammation or infection.

The opinion of an internist for a proper review and in depth testing is my opinion. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the bet of health.

Dr Bain