What causes excessive sweating with shivering and pain in shoulder blades?

Rheumatologist
Question
I have had several occasions when I sweat excessively but feel cold and cannot control shivering. I also have a sharp pain in between my shoulder blades that persists for days but varies in severity. The two don't always occur together
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query there can be many reasons for these kind of symptoms , but still firstly cardiac examination should be done as angina may give rise to such symptoms .An ECG and 2D echo should be done.

Secondly Diabetes and any kind of thyroid abnormality should be seen , since you dont give any history regarding these diseases so RBS , HbA1c and Serum TSH , T3 and T4 needs to be done .

Shoulder blade pain seems to be unrelated and can be mechanical so it will be difficult to say anything without examination.

Dr. Shruti