What causes excessive sweating while sleeping after a knee replacement surgery?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
I am still getting heavy sweating while I am asleep. I like to think the condition is improving but I think this is because I'm just used to it happening. It's nearly 4 months since I had a knee replacement, I would have thought the post traumatic stress I suffered should be subsiding now.
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
you need to get your blood tests

Detailed Answer:
I would suggest you to get your blood tests as we have to rule out infection also. I would recommend you following.
1.ESR, CRP and WBC
once these tests are done we can check if there is any abnormality in these tests. If yes then it will suggest infection. I would also suggest you to check your blood pressure and thyroid profile. After getting these tests done if any thing abnormal then it can be managed. You should take Xanax or Ciplar if all these tests come normal.Then we will be sure that it is just anxiety.
thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar