What causes excessive sweating on face and head?
Sorry to learn about your profuse sweating episodes.
I see your thyroid tested fine.
There is a rare condition called pheochromocytoma which can cause such episodes of sweating in addition to other symptoms.
There is a simple blood test to screen for this called 'Plasma free metanephrines'. You can do this test at anytime of the day. Fasting is not required. Prefer to do it on a day when you experience an episode.
There is another rare condition called Acromegaly which can result in excessive sweating. The screening test for this is a blood test called IGF1.
Lastly, menopausal hot flashes can occur at any age too.
I had a hysterectomy at age 25, following a C section birth as the result of placenta preveia. Could it still be menopausal hot flashes?
Generally hysterectomy alone does not cause hot flashes because female hormones are made by the ovaries. So if the ovaries were left intact, then menopause does not occur after a hysterectomy.
In this case, menopause would still occur at the global average age of around 52. Hot flashes can occur at that time and anytime later, although typically in the first few years after 52
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause excessive sweating
- Excessive sweating is cause by marijuana
- What causes excessive sweating migraine and dizziness while standing up
- Excessive sweating causes
- Excessive sweating light headed symptoms of what
- Medical causes excessive sweating
- Excessive sweating what could be causing this
- What is causing excessive sweating in face and head
- What causes excessive sweating and redness in ears
- Implanon cause excessive sweating
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...