What causes excessive sweating of the soles and palms?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Sweating of sole and palm most of the time, no matter what is the surrounding environment as cold or hot.Please solve my problem.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment of excessive sweating

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
Excessive Sweating of palms and soles can occur as a normal phenomenon in some individuals or in persons suffering from diabetes, thyroid disorders and increased uric acid.
I would recommend you to get your blood sugar levels, thyroid function tests and serum uric acid levels checked to rule out these diseases.
In cases of excessive sweating I recommend my patients to apply aluminium chloride hexahydrate lotion like aldry lotion on the palms and soles at night and wash them off in the morning.
In severe cases I recommend them to take oral medication like tablet oxybutinin 2.5 mg twice daily for 4-6 weeks.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
You can also consult a dermatologist and go for botox injections.
These are also effective in the treatment of sweating but need to be repeated every 6-9 months.
These are the various measures which can help you in dealing with sweating.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj