What causes excessive sweating around the groin area?
Oral and topical antibiotics and antifungal drugs
Thank you for posting on HCM.
I can understand your concern regarding the skin condition.
From your description, it seems you have Trichomycosis pubis, a kind of bacterial infection involving hair shaft forming tiny growth of bacteria called concretions.
Its mostly seen in individuals who sweat excessively. Sometimes these areas get superinfected by fungus additionally.
I would advise you short course of oral antibiotics like erythromycin or azithromycin along with oral antifungal drugs like fluconazole.
Apply a cream containing antibiotic like mupirocin and a cream containining antifungal drug like clotrimazole. Mix both the creams and apply thrice a day over affected areas.
Use antifungal dusting powder like clotrimazole everytime you are going out.
Use antiseptic soap like triclosan for daily rinsing of those areas.
For itching you can take antihistaminics as required.
I am sure if the treatment regimen is rightly followed, you will be fine soon.
Let me know if there is any more queries.
Thank you and take care
Dr Hardik Pitroda
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause excessive sweating
- Excessive sweating is cause by marijuana
- What causes excessive sweating migraine and dizziness while standing up
- Excessive sweating causes
- Excessive sweating in groin area
- Medical causes excessive sweating
- What is causing excessive sweating in face and head
- Excessive sweating what could be causing this
- What causes excessive sweating and redness in ears
- Implanon cause excessive sweating