What causes excessive sweating and hot flashes?
Is this normal at my age and if so, why? What can I do?
Can be due to menopause.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Feeling sweaty can be one of the symptoms of menopause and it can be a normal variation. The other possible causes can be an overactive thyroid gland, low blood sugar, hyperhidrosis and withdrawal from certain narcotics.
I encourage you to consult your dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment includes botox shots, anti perspirants and iontophoresis depending on the severity of the problem.
Meanwhile have plenty of fluids and try to wash your skin often.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tetralysal causing hot flashes
- What can cause excessive sweating
- Malarone cause hot flashes
- Excessive sweating what could be causing this
- What causes severe hot flashes in elderly age
- What is the cause of swollen legsnausea and hot flashes
- Hot flash on forehead what caused this
- What causes fainting and hot flashes in children
- What causes chills and hot flashes
- What hormone causes hot flashes