• question-icon

What causes excessive sweating and dizziness after traveling?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Breaking out in sweat 2 to 3 times a day. Light headeness. Just return from Cruiese yesterday
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hypoglycemia , hypotension or anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and i understand your concerns. sweating and dizziness usually occur due to increased adrenaline hormone secreation. increased adrenaline secreation can occur due to:
1) hypoglycemia , in this case sweating and dizziness can occur with or without increased hunger or trembling. this should be diagnosed with a fasting and post prandial blood glucose level test.
2) hypotension which is decreased blood pressure that can occur due to cardiac insufficiency in this case sweating and dizziness can occur with or without chest pain, cough, shortness of breath . this should be diagnosed by measuring your blood pressure and if found abnormal , then an ECG and an echocardiogram should be done
3) anexity , if you are stressed or panicking over something
I hope I answered your question
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman