What causes excessive sweating and difficulty in sleeping?
My dad was diagnosed by hyperthyroidism in 1998 (he was born in 1969) me (1988).
Another thing to add is that I work out a lot and take lots of pre work out drink...I am 5'10 at 165 lbs. Did noticed a 5 lb weight loss in 4 weeks...maybe due to diarrhea. I am treating the diarrhea with over the counter anti-diarrhea medicine.
hyperthyroidism or diabetes should be ruled out for a safer side.
Welcome to health care magic,,
Excessive sweating with other symptoms that you mentioned could be related to emotional stress or anxiety or excess physical work.
However,I will also want to rule out certain other medical conditions like thyroid disease (hyperthyroidism) or diabetes (hypoglycemia) for a safer side by checking your routine blood works,Blood sugar (FBS,PPBS),Thyroid functions (T3,T4,TSH) levels.
Since you also have family history of thyroid imbalance, which should be ruled out by testing thyroid levels.
You may try below measures until you see your doctor on upcoming Monday.
1) Dry your body especially feet and arms thoroughly after bathing.
2) Always take balanced diet and drink plenty of water daily.
3) Avoid tight fitting clothes rather, wear loose clothes.
4) Wear cotton material clothes and avoid synthetic silk.
5) Bath with antibacterial soap like dettol or savlon
6) Always clean groins or armpits and chest twice or thrice with brush during bathing.
7) Use antiperspirants and deodarants together like aluminium chlorhydrate or zirconium,one will block perspiration and other will mask the smell if any.
8) Use antibacterial creams or hand sanitizers on groins or armpits.
10) Curtailing excess tea or coffee and avoid alcohol completely.
11) Your weight loss is likely related to diarrhea,so there is nothing concerned much about it.You may continue with OTC anti-diarrhea medicines (may be Imodium-loperamide) if is helpful.
Anti-anxiety medication (ex.Recita forte) would also be helpful to reduce your stress level and for adequate sleep but you will need to see your doctor for the prescription.
Hope it will help you.
Take care and Regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause excessive sweating
- Excessive sweating is cause by marijuana
- What causes excessive sweating migraine and dizziness while standing up
- Excessive sweating causes
- Medical causes excessive sweating
- What is causing excessive sweating in face and head
- Excessive sweating what could be causing this
- What causes excessive sweating cold and headaches only during nights
- What causes excessive sweating and redness in ears
- Implanon cause excessive sweating